Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Call From The Philippines - December 10, 2009


I received a call from the Philippines the other night...it was from Elder Hunt a senior missionary serving in the Philippines.  He said he wanted to tell me how much they loved having Bethany in the mission.  He said that she is healthy, working hard, doing great and loved by all.  He told me that he thought she was a wonderful young woman.  When I told him that she has been a missionary all her life, sharing the gospel at work, at school and with everyone that would listen he said that he could tell that she loved being a missionary.  He told Bethany that he was going to call and she wrote a message for him to read to us.  Needless to say this was a treasured phone call and one that I won't forget.  When he read the note I just started to cry because it was just so Bethany.  His phone call was so thoughtful and I am so grateful for Bethany's service to the Lord.  What a blessing she is to our family.  So thank you Bethany for your goodness, your smile and your desire to serve.  The light of Christ is in your eyes.  And thank you to kind brothers and sisters who care enough to take the time to call and lift a mom who misses her girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment