Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Life In Barra Is Amazing!!!! - October 18, 2010








Sister Andreasen & Sister Arrieta
Smiling Faces on Baptism Day
We are emailing early this morning so that we can be sure and have Internet and because I am excited to email you all I love you all so much!
I am sorry my email was so sort last week the zone p-day took up a lot of our time. So first off let me tell you about my companion. Her name is Sister Pascual and she is from Tarlac, it is in the Angeles Mission. She is 21 and she is a sweet girl! She is one of three girls and the oldest. We are trying to work on going to all our investigators. I got left in a little bit of a hard situation. We (Sister Arrieta and I) used to go on splits to get to all of our appointments but now we can’t do that so we are stretching ourselves and changing our schedule so that we can go to all of them because they are all amazing! I love it!  We have had some really good success! And I know that it is a blessing for our work! We have so many great investigators. We have a family that I just love!  The Ortiz family, they have been taught by the missionaries for a while but have not progressed and they say why would they go to another church if they don’t even go to their church so we are starting from the beginning because I wasn’t here when they taught about the restoration so we will see if they will progress! I hope so! Then we have a Sister Andrea who is so excited about baptism we taught her about 3 Nephi 11 and she cried! I love her but her situation is hard because they aren’t married and can’t get married. So we are working on that with president. Then Tatay Emililiano. We went to see him me and Sister Juntong and I cried because when we got to his house he was drunk!!!!! He then came to church on Saturday and said that he was so sorry and said that he knows he needs help. So we are working with him on his addictions and setting goals and he also committed to fast! So we will see how that goes on Tuesday. I have never felt such heartache as I did when we went to see him and he was drunk! My heart broke and I just plead for help to know what we could to as missionaries to help him. I know that he can overcome these things. It is so sad that Satan gets people with drugs! They have a desire to overcome but it truly is so hard from them and my heartaches with them as they struggle to overcome the temptations of Satan!
Then we have investigators in Ranzohan! They are awesome but it is hard for them to go to church so that is what we are working on right now because they are awesome! We have one family I just love! I need to take a picture so you can see them. Sister Maluo Teves and Elhood. Their son called me pretty and that is how we met them. He is so cute, he is 2 hehe! They really want to know truth and I know that if their baby was bigger they would come to church!
We are also working on less active members and some less actives just came back to church this Sunday! Brother and Sister Taraya! I love them! I just love Barra! I want all the people to go to church even if they aren’t yet investigators I love them so much!
We have some upcoming baptisms. Abigail she is the niece of a member and she will be baptized with her cousin on October 30th! Then Sarina who is the sister of a member and she should be getting baptized on November 6th! She is the sister in law of one of my favorite members Sister Remy, she is so nice! And she loves the missionaries! I will have to send you a picture! She wants to talk to you mom; she is going to look for you on Facebook. Ha-ha. I think she added me to her friends. Ha-ha. She is crazy! We always joke that she is in primary because she is so short!
Cleaning Fish Is So Much Fun!
Then we just met a new investigator he is the nephew of a member and he is 8 and he wants to be taught in English and he is actually really good in English! He is so smart it kills me! When we teach him he says things like "well, I have a question for you..." and then he has this long question ha-ha. Then he says, "I think...." and has a lot more to say. He is so funny! Its great!
Just Gotta Get There...
Then we had the meeting in Cabuyao! Amazing! Bishop McMullen talked about the quorum of the twelve and of the seventy and he and his wife bore testimony and we had time to ask questions and they answered! They were there with Elder Tay and his wife. Elder Cook was in the Philippines and they were with him but Elder Cook didn’t come to our meeting. But it was amazing and the spirit was so strong! I didn’t really know what to expect and it was more of just being spiritually uplifted! And we also got to see so many missionaries, which was so fun!!!! My whole batch was there and we took pictures!!! It was so great! I love being a missionary!
Some may say it is a sacrifice that is true mom. And in some ways it is. I am far from you all and I didn’t get to go to TOFW, school is on pause, it is hot and tiring. Ha-ha. But you never think about that because you are over come with the blessings that are poured out upon you everyday!!!! I love it! I know this is such a great blessing from the Lord!!! How blessed I am that he allowed me to come and serve his children! Especially here in the Philippines!!!! I love it!  So we had a ward family home evening before Sister Arrieta left and we took a lot of pictures with our fun branch.  The zone is great! Our zone leaders our so nice and one is like an older brother, Elder Jaring, he has a pink bandanna on his forehead in the beach pictures. Then I'm in a zone with Elder De Leon again he is my batch and so nice! Then we have sisters in this zone! And one is Sister Nuez, she is awesome and we grew close because we stayed with them the night before and after the missionary meeting because Cabuyao is so far away. So yeah that is about it hehe.
Well I love you all so much!!!!!! And I love the mission so much!!!!!! The church is true, the blessings of the gospel are everywhere! And I am so grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father!!!!!
Love, Sister Andreasen  


No comments:

Post a Comment