Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Turning Weaknesses Into Strengths - June 21, 2010

So I am so happy that you received my package but I have to tell you the reason you don’t know who or what anything is for is because they had to send it in two packages and they probably just didn’t come at the same exact time all thought they should so the other box probably has the letter that I sent with it. The extra San Diego Temple is for Danielle it said that in the letter and I was hoping that you could find a way to get it to her it is a wedding gift that is her new last name. I wanted to make one for Bert but I didn’t know where they were getting married, it is crazy to think that he is married now. If you can send pictures that would be great I would like to see his wife and how happy he is. I'm so happy for him
Thank you for printing stuff on the dedication and the cultural event they are something I will never forget.
So I received the package from you and grandma however they are still at the home of our Zone Leaders so I will get them on Wednesday.  I love you so much and thank you for your help and love for me as I am here on my mission.
So this week was full of growth and I have learned so much. I am so grateful for the Lord and all He does for me! He knows me and loves me and wants me to be happy for my time here on the mission. So this past little while has been a little hard on me and I haven’t really said anything because it is just things I need to work on and to become better, so I felt that that is what I needed to do just work hard on being the best missionary I could. However I was being very hard on myself. I didn’t feel worthy or that I was a good missionary and I felt like I was failing in Tagalog.  I didn’t really make my feelings known to anyone because I figured it was a personal problem. Then we had companion study on Tuesday and I just felt bad the whole day.  We had a district meeting and I wanted to be happy but I just felt like I was lacking in my offering to the Lord.
Then came our Zone interviews. President came to our area and he and the APs gave workshops! How blessed we are that the Lord inspires his servants even those that are our leaders here in the mission field. He helps them know what they need to say and it has blessed me so much! As I listened to the lessons that were saying - we need to find joy in service and not worry about the little things. They talked about how we all have weaknesses and we need to realize it to become better but we need not dwell on the things that we are not perfect at. The workshops were for me and I could feel the Saviors love for me so powerfully through workshops they gave, it helped me remember to stop thinking about myself. Stop judging myself and know that if I work hard I am being successful! One of the APs said a quote from Joseph B. Worthlin, I forgot the exact wording but something like "don’t worry, do your best and the Lord will do the rest" so I know that this is true, I was focusing on the negative and not the positive and I wasn’t finding ways to be better just thinking I am a bad missionary. After the workshops we were interviewed by President and I felt the love of my Savior in the interview. I had sorted things out in the workshops so I thought I shouldn’t worry President, everything will be fine. But because he truly is a servant of the Lord he knew the right things to say to get me to open up and we talked and I knew that even though I am not perfect the Lord is pleased with me and I am here for a reason, His reason and as I stay positive he will guide me and my happiness will go to others as well. Then I wanted to ask for a blessing but before I could President asked if I would like a blessing. I was so happy to receive those beautiful words from the Lord to me through inspiration. I know that this is the true church and that our Father in Heaven is looking out for us. We need to be strong and we need to stay positive but sometimes we become discouraged because of our own unworthiness. However, the Lord doesn’t forget us in these times, he gives us leaders to come and lift us. We are the servants of the Lord and we need to be strong but we can’t do it alone and we just need to give all that we can so that the Lord will make us strong through his power. The APs challenged us to make a grateful journal and it has been wonderful, great or small we receive so many blessings from the Lord each and every day! How I love this work. I have felt the spirit so strong this week and I have felt more positive even after people reject us or we are punted. I know that the Lord is still proud! I know that this gospel is for everyone and that he wants us to be happy and how happy I am to bring this message to others. Every week we gain new investigators yet it seems we lose investigators every week too. But I know that this message needs to go to all, if they accept it or not it is up to them.
We went up to one lady the other day and we asked if we could share a message with her and she said, in English, “I’m not interested" then we said that we know that we have a Heavenly Father and Savior who love us and that only through this gospel can we be saved, and then she said, again in English, " yeah, I believe in the symbolism of water" it came out of no were and we knew that no matter what we said she would just not be interested or listen so we left and it is crazy to feel that feeling of your heart breaking when a child of the Lord rejects the message and that one day they will realize what will save them. However we still have hope as our new investigator Evelyn and her parents listen to our message! I love this gospel and I know that it is true! The Lord blesses us so much and I have felt his love so strong. One of my favorite scriptures now is in D&C 6:34-37!:
34. Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let the earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35. Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
37. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.
I love it! We are loved, we are His, and we will not fail! In this we can rejoice!
I love you all so much and even if I can’t hear from you next week it is okay I know you love me and I love you too!!!! I will continue to be happy and love the work and I will email you.
Oh, I forgot to tell you about Manila! It wasn’t that great. Although I took some fun pictures. We woke up early drove to Manila renewed our visa; I don't know why I wrote passports. And then we went to the biggest mall in the Philippines but we only had two hours so we pretty much ate and looked in a few shops then we came back. It was more just along day of traveling. But it was still fun to be grouped together with all the American missionaries!
I love you all so much!!!!
Love, Sister Andreasen

No comments:

Post a Comment