Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Work in Barra is Amazing - September 20, 2010

I love you all so much! I really feel as though I am growing a lot in this area and I am so thankful that the lord knows what we need! I am so blessed to be here and I just get excited to think about using my Tagalog and of course I want to come back but that is along time away and just an excited thought in my head. Ha-ha. Oh and just when I go home I am grateful that I will be able to use the internet to talk with people here, but again far away.
So anyway, short message about pearls. They have white, pink, black, and coffee they are 350 pesos so it is a really good price unless you want big pearls and they are 1,500 pesos. This is still good when it comes to pearls. They have a round pearl and what they call the rice pearl shaped like rice, of course. They don’t have different lengths though. Just let me know. It is so crazy to hear about RMs! like the Brown twins and Chris Bell! It is hard to believe that they are home! I never want the mission to end! I love it! I can’t even imagine going back to the real world! I just want to teach people!
The work here in Barra is amazing! I love it so much! I wish you could see the great branch here! I am trying to send pictures! They have as small meeting house and they don’t fit because it is so tiny and we just keep having more people come to church and now our area is bigger! So we will be teaching more and adding more members! I don’t know where we will put them all but I know that the Lord will provide a way! I am so blessed to see the humility of the people here and how much they desire to help others come unto Christ!  I am so happy for the baptism we had, Karen is so sweet and she has such a great testimony that this is the truth, even though her family doesn’t like it she knows it is true and is so happy to be a member! Tatay Imilliano is doing well! He doesn’t drink coffee anymore and is down to 3 cigarettes a day! He knows that this is true and has such a desire to turn his life around even if it is hard! He says he struggles with being tempted everyday but knows he can do it he has been smoking for over 50 years and he is doing a great job of getting rid of the addiction!
I see the blessings of the gospel in the lives of the people here in Barra. One principle that I have been working on is fasting and it is so amazing! I have such a great testimony of fasting and that is what we were prompted to tell Tatay Imilliano would help him and I know it will work I have seen the blessings of fasting as I have felt my inadequacy for the work and have been strengthened! I love to see the effects of the gospel and its principles in the lives of people.
Barra is so small and everyone knows everyone and so you just really feel like family in this branch! I know that our investigators feel it to as they come to church and I know that they feel the love of the branch missionaries as they work with us and fellowship the investigators at church!
I have also had a chance to go back and read about the experiences of Alma and the sons of Mosiah! They are such an inspiration to me! What great missionaries! They have helped me to remember things that I need to do. I am so thankful that sometimes when we share a scripture with investigators and recent converts I get to learn too! I know as we follow the spirit we will be inspired. Sometimes I am surprised by the things that I say and think wow that is a great principle and I know it is true and I feel the strength that this is not my work nor my words but this is the work of the Lord and the spirit speaks through us taking the message to the hearts of all those who desire to listen and be uplifted by the word of the Lord!
I feel a strength in knowing that you are all praying for me. I have missed you all this past week. I always miss you but especially this past week it is not a bad miss, or something sad just me knowing that you all care about me and are praying for me and it is amazing that even though I am far away I am growing a great love for all of you and I am so thankful that we are an eternal family! We are sealed in the temple! And I get to be with you for ever. I think this miss is just my love growing strong for all of you! I love you all so much and pray for you everyday!
I hope next week I will be able to send pictures and explain them all to you, but it’s not a promise because it is Sister Arrietas last p-day and so we will most likely be very busy! But I will try! I love you all so dearly!!!!! I know that the church is true and I am so grateful for it in our lives how blessed we truly are!
It is so true the quote by President Monson, I have weaknesses but I am called of a prophet of God and so I am qualified! What a relief to know we will be helped and strengthen if we fear not and put our faith and trust in our Savior! Thank you for the quotes and strength! It always helps me and strengthens me!!!!
I love you!!!!
Love, Sister Andreasen

No comments:

Post a Comment