Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Keeping Busy and Meeting New People - December 13, 2010

Mom! I love you so much! Thank you so much for your love, your letter, and your testimony!  I am so sad that I couldn’t write a lot last week I had a lot to tell you all!  We had a baptism! We had Christmas zone conference! And then this week we met some great people and had zone interviews so it was pretty much amazing!  Lets start with Christmas zone conference! It was so great! I got to see a lot of awesome missionaries that I missed and we had a spiritual message from president and we watched Mr. Kruegers Christmas and I cried of course. It made me miss you all and the Christmas movies we always watch! I have really great pictures but I think my memory card is broken so I don’t know if I will ever see these pictures again :( it makes me want to cry! But I am trying to get it fixed! It also has the great pictures of Lay-Ann's baptism!  I just hope that I will be able to get the pictures because if not it will be two very important weeks that are gone and I will be pretty sad. So not wanting to risk anything I had to buy a new memory card so I am sending the most recent pictures that I have of a baptism and temple trip! I didn’t go to the temple but I let them take my camera because they had about four families I think from our branch that went to the temple to be sealed! It was so awesome! I am so happy for them and I love the pictures! They were able t see Sister Clave at the temple! ahhh!

Sister Clave in the Middle with Members of the Branch
I wish I could have been there! I just got news that Sister Clave is going to be a teacher at the MTC! I am so happy for her! I love her so much!  So those pictures are there and then some pictures with Sister Andrea, Veronica and Mayka. So the reason I was so excited for interviews is that we were able to talk to president and we had a workshop from him and the AP's. This used to be every transfer but now it is only every quarter so I have just missed it! And it is a big spiritual boost! President always makes me feel good about myself and I know that the Lord plans the interviews at the right time when I really need that extra strength! I love the plan of the Lord!!!! I see it in the work all the time. So we had the interviews and they cut into our working time so the next day I wanted to make up for it but the branch was having a baptism and there wasn’t really anyone who came and so sister and I stayed.


I spoke and we had a baptism for Judyln an 8 year old girl and then their family went to the temple to be sealed! So cute! I had to really think if we would attend the baptism or go to work, but I knew that the Lord would want to give support to this family so we went. Then after the baptism the little girl and her cousin drew pictures on the white board and one was of me and they wanted to hold my hands! It was so cute. Then he cousin, Rica Mae who is 10 and isn’t a member asked if she could come to church on Sunday! Then that led to us teaching her and I know that the Lord has a plan for little Rica Mae! He loves us and has a plan for all his children! We taught her about prophets and asked her what prophets she knew, we haven’t given her a Book of Mormon by the way, and she said "Nephi, Lehi, Moroni"!!!!! I love it she is so amazing! I know that sisters taught her before and that it just wasn’t the right time but now she is ready and the Lord knows that!
Sister Andrea with Her Baby and Sister Andreasen
We have found some great new investigators. Last week we went to teach Lay-Ann our new member and then I thought we should just ask her to work with us so she did and she gave us a referral and she seems really interested! And while we were teaching her father came home and said he was busy but as we continued to teach her he came and listened so we set a return appointment and I am really excited for their family!!! Then when we teach in Dalahican we ride tricycles and all the tricycle drivers know us, so we were walking a part of the way because we had an appointment and then a tricycle drive said he would give us a ride for free because it wasn’t the full trip. So we gave him a pamphlet and asked if we could come back and he said he is busy but that we could. So we went to go see him and he wasn’t home! I was so bummed! So we went back last week and he was home we were able to teach him and he had a lot of questions and has a real desire to know the truth! I love it. Then next time we came back we asked him for his wife to join us and from what he said I thought she wouldn’t really be interested but she came and listened and she has so much faith and they are going through a family struggle right now and so we were able to give comfort and it was great! They are really interested and want to read the Book of Mormon!!!! I’m so excited! Then after they told us that we have to stay and eat. Hehe. They are so so so nice!!! I love them and they are really open to the truth! So I am really excited to teach them about this great message!
Each and everyday I grow closer and closer to the Lord through this work and I know I am so blessed to be a missionary! I know that this is the true gospel. The other night we met a man and his wife and we taught them but brother is Muslim and he doesn’t believe that Jesus Christ is God and they don’t believe that he died on the cross. And he didn’t like it when I said stuff like that or that we are all children of God. But I bore testimony and then we left but he did commit to read the Book of Mormon!!!! After that we were able to go to a less active Brother Bert Linatoc who is awesome. I just feel a connection with him and I bore testimony of the savior and the spirit was so strong and I was just grateful for truth and no matter what anyone says I know the truth deep within my heart!!!!! I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and I know and believe in the Godhead and am so grateful for truth and the Book of Mormon, which testifies of that truth!!!!!!! I love you all so much and I love that the Lord knows our needs and is always willing to help us and lift us up!!!!!!
Love, Sister Andreasen
P.S. I got the pearls.  And I think it would be good to just start in the morning so I think here Saturday at 8. We will come to the computer shop. I love you! I'm excited to talk to you!!!!!  K

No comments:

Post a Comment