Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Wow, I Love The Work! - February 28, 2011

Yummy Papaya!
Sister Gabuyo and Sister Andreasen
Another Beautiful View
Sister Andreasen
So I had some great experiences this week in the work and blessings for missionaries!
At Zone Conference
So first I will tell you about Zone Conference. It was amazing! It was full of fun seeing other missionaries and just plain happiness. But most important it was filled with the spirit. I love zone conference because it is always what I need to hear, something that I need to be better at doing or improve on to make the work better. We focused on using the Book of Mormon more and teaching people - not lessons. Which is one of my favorites! When you really focus on the people they feel of your love and they understand that you are there to help them and love them and not for any other reason! I love that! Then focusing on the Book of Mormon I have always known that this is the way that people will know if this is the true church but what they taught made me realize that I need to be using the Book of Mormon more and that I need to help them understand the importance of the Book of Mormon even in just the first lesson! I am so grateful for the spirit and strength that comes from zone conference!
Then we also got to see David O. McConkie and Elder Edwards! We had a devotional here in San Pablo and only the San Pablo zone was able to attend and I am so glad I am here! The talks were amazing. Elder Edwards spoke of a letter from a sister missionary, who one day got the impression to go visit less actives. They got impressions on where to go and went to work but to their dismay they didn’t find any success. The missionary talked about feeling like she didn’t do enough. To make a long story short she had somewhat of a conversation with herself in her head and came to the conclusion that if she was following the spirit and being obedient we will always fall short even our best won’t be good enough but that is why we have a savior! He loves us and will make up for the rest and will provide a way to make up for our shortcomings! How grateful I am for that! Last week that is what I was feeling and that just gave me a reminder that Jesus Christ is here to help me and make up for what I can’t do. I love in Preach my Gospel it says, "Everything that is unfair about life will be made right through the atonement" I love that truth! Pure and simple if we do all we can the Savior has already provided a way to make up for our shortcomings, heal our broken hearts, and finally make us whole, sanctified through His love and mercy! How great the plan of our Father in Heaven is!
Also! We had investigators come to the devotional! They were so excited! Sister Tess and Brother Joseph (hehe) I love it! I love the name Joseph! It’s dad’s name, its in the scriptures, Joseph of the Old Testament, Joseph of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. My middle name is Jo after Joseph and now we have two great progressing investigators whose names are Joseph! I love it. Then Sister Tess her birthday is may 27! Random facts of happiness hehe. Anywoo, they are progressing and so excited about the church and I am so excited for them and know they will be baptized!
We also have another investigator who is a member of another church here and they always have a lot of questions and are a little hard headed. It took a while to explain the importance of the restoration and the Book of Mormon. He said he would ask his pastors about it and I just thought wow that will never help. So we just testified to him that answers like this don’t come from people but from the Lord through the spirit. It was a really good lesson and after he gave a kneeling prayer and I think it really helped him feel the spirit!
Then we have another investigator Nanay Juliana. She is a little old lady and super cute!!!! She calls us her little ladies in English. She likes to speak English and it is adorable! We went to teach her and she broke down and started telling us about how her husband is weak and that she is scared that she will lose him. She talked about how she has trust in Gods plan but is scared to lose her husband. She talked most of the time and expressed her love for him. It was so sweet! Of course I cried and we shared with her about the plan of salvation and the comfort that comes from the atonement of Jesus Christ! She said that when she talked to her husband about us he said that they are catholic and too old but if they were younger they would be "Mormon" hehe so we just have to help them realize that they have this time on earth to prepare and know the truth no matter how short the time may be. She expressed her love for us and told us that were are her best friends! She is amazing and I think I knew her in the pre-existence.
So Marj our former investigator who moved to Manila, she is the daughter of Tess and Joseph they have another daughter who we were able to teach. I was so excited because she seems really interested but she can’t get baptized yet because she is living with a man and they are going to have a baby but they aren’t yet married and can’t get married for two years because she is only 16! :( But we are still excited to prepare her for the time when she can get baptized!
We also were told of a place to go teach by a member, she has two referrals that we haven’t yet met and then we met her brothers and they are excited and want to be baptized! I am so excited for the work.
I have had a half-day mission but it was in my first area so you probably don’t remember and I probably didn’t really understand what was going on hehe.
But it is amazing we will have all the missionaries from our zone come to our area and ward members will work so that we can split up and go bring back the lost sheep in one great morning of reactivation and spreading the gospel! It is going to be epic! I think it will really bring a good spirit to the ward and help the members feel the joy of missionary work, help reactivate and help to find new investigators! I am so excited! However I will only see day after affects.  Because it is on the 19th the day before I go into the mission home.
It is crazy to think how fast it is coming and I am not ready for it. There is still work to be done so until the last minute it is my job I will be as diligent as I can! I love the gospel. I know it is true and I am so grateful for it in my life!
I love you all and am glad to hear you are doing well. Just like you I hope it warms up of I will die when I go home. Hehe. I love you keep being the great family you are! You are always in my prayers!
Love, Sister Andreasen   

No comments:

Post a Comment