Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Weeks Go By So Fast - July 26, 2910

Hello again family. I can hardly believe another week has gone by! It is crazy to think. We had a great week though! We set a baptismal goal date with Tatay Mario and he accepted! He really is excited and so easy to teach because he reads and understands! He is so awesome! He can’t walk so he needs to get a ride to church and his son was gone this weekend so he wasn’t able to go to church but said he will work it out for next week! Then we also committed Evelyn and she said she wants to be baptized but needs to talk to her dad even though she is 26! So I hope that he is okay with it and we don’t have any problems! Then we have an amazing family that we are teaching it started with the dad Rolando Velasques and now we are teaching his wife and son too! They are awesome and really want to know the truth Tatay Rolando always has questions so he will understand more fully it is amazing! I love them!
We also had a crazy experience. We went to a non-active members house Sister Midra. She started talking to us about some crazy stuff and I really did not understand anything she was saying. She pulled out these prayers in a different language and this undershirt with drawings and weird lettering on it, and then she said that we have a Heavenly Father and that the Holy Ghost is our Heavenly Mother. We tried to teach two of her teenage children but we didn’t get very far into the lesson and we didn’t feel the spirit in the home. I made the mistake of saying something about prophets and she said that she is a prophet and that she heals people. Sister and I just look at each other and we could both feel that no matter what we said it wouldn’t have an effect because there was no spirit so we ended quickly and left. I have no idea what belief it was but it was very strange and I have never experienced something like that in my life! I was actually scared. So we went to our back up appointment. We met a teenage girl and told her that we would come back when her parents were home to teach them. We were at the door and her younger brother called out and she came to the door but didn’t say a word. Then Sister asked if her mom was home and she pointed and we said hi to her mom. And she didn’t say a word she go up and walked in to the other room glaring at us a she left. We don’t know why she was acting like that but we just said we would try and come back another day. So needless to say Sister and I were craving for the spirit to come. We went to our next appointment and it went so well. They answered questions and had questions and really learned about the great apostasy and the church that Christ organized and the importance of prophets and the priesthood. It is amazing the difference you can feel when people are open to the spirit and when people are closed to the spirit. Or if there is just a completely different spirit in the home. I am so grateful for the truth and for the light of Christ! I know that this is the true church and I feel like the work is progressing. We are having some trouble with the ward because we don’t have the meetings that we should but we are working on it and praying for the ward and area. So I know the Lord will bless our efforts.
I know that this truly is the work of the Lord and I am so grateful for it in my life! I know that as we grow closer to the Lord and work hard he will bless us even if it is to feel of his love and have his peace and strength. I love the gospel and I know it is true!
I haven’t given my talk yet it is this Sunday so I will let you know next week how it went. I am just asking for the Lord to direct my words so that I can say what He needs me to say for this ward! I love you all so much!!!!!!!
Thank you I love you!!!
Love, Sister Andreasen

No comments:

Post a Comment