Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Zone Conference - July 5, 2010

So I am so glad that you had a great time at the family reunion! Part of me wishes I could be there. However I know that being here is the best thing for me. Do you remember the name of the sister from this mission? That would be so neat to meet here family. That is funny what they said "just look down" but to be honest I feel like I fit in here. Some of them are shorter than me some are taller and some are my height. Haha. I guess it is a plus being short, for an American.
So I have pictures for you but the pictures make it look I don’t do any work and just have fun because it is just a bunch of missionaries being silly. They are pictures from the trip to Manila and then at zone conference.
So I just want to start of with zone conference! It was the best zone conference I have been to so far! The spirit was so strong and that is what so many of the missionaries said. It was truly a great experience. President is so inspired what to say and we all just felt so uplifted. At zone conference we have a zone that gives the special musical number and it was my zone and we sang the EFY medley. It was really powerful and an Elder got up at the end to bear his testimony and he asked President if we could all sing it again to close and President said yes. So we sang it and the spirit was so strong and it was so neat to see all the Elders and Sisters sing and at the part when it says we will be the Lord’s missionaries we sang we are NOW the Lord’s missionaries! It is so powerful and humbling to know that we are the hands of the Lord here in the Philippines. Then we always have speakers and so every zone conference we prepare a talk because you never know who will be speaking. So I prepared my talk as always and then the night before I felt like I should just go over it and make sure everything was alright, I read through my notes and then went up to bed and after I said a prayer and was laying in my bed I got a feeling that I needed to be prepared to speak because I was going to have to give a talk at zone conference. I tried to push the feelings away and say no no but I couldn’t deny what I felt. Then sure enough before it started Sister Anderson asked if I would be a speaker. So my talk was on sanctification and we have a scripture in 

Moroni 10: 32-33 

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
  33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

I just think it is amazing that the Lord always gives us steps to follow to become like Him and although we all fall short we can be sanctified through the atonement of Jesus Christ! How grateful I am for Him in my life and to know that through Him I can be clean and that he is here to make me more than I am. To set me apart from the world. The other talk was about the temple and I just think how excited I am to go to the temple again and to feel of that spirit and to really be out of the world because the temple is heaven on earth! I know that this is the true church and I am so grateful to be a member and right now a missionary!!!! And spread this great work.
I don’t have a lot to report about investigators because they aren’t progressing too much. But we did have two investigators come to church and so that was exciting. One came with her friend, they live together with a family member an older women and she is a member and so is Janet. Janet was baptized when she was eight and said that she was baptized and then pretty much never went to church again. She doesn’t know anything about the church she just knows she and her family are members then Camel she isn’t a member so we are teaching the two of them together and this Sunday they came to church! And even though Janet is a member the feeling is the same, your are helping them come closer to their Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ and truly understand their purpose here on this earth. Then we have another investigator Liz, we weren’t able to teach her this week and it is so sad because she is so interested! So I hope to have more to report next week. Then we are teaching an older man and we taught him, Tatay Mario, about family and read a verse in the Book of Mormon about families and then he kissed the Book of Mormon and said that is was true. Haha. He is awesome. So we are hoping that he will progress and truly understand! I love this work!
So about school. I will need to pray about it but I am pretty sure I will just take a one credit silly class online and stay home and work. Which is good because then I can figure everything out, save money, and spend some time with you.  Is there anything I can do at the school just to get me started so that I can start making money while I look for a job? Then I will be able to decide if I want to just start up in the fall or if I will just wait until winter. But that is still a long ways away! But thank you for finding out for me. Maybe they have an online church class that is really what I want to take haha. So yeah back to the mission.
Even though it is just your question about pday. We work in the mornings so that way if we get punted it isn’t late at night because people aren’t very willing to let us share at night so if we get punted we can still tract and find new people. Then we just do whatever. Sometimes we hang out with the Elders. There aren’t really any fun things to do here. I want to go to the House of Rizal, he is a famous hero here but it isn’t open on Monday :( then I think next pday we are going to go to the college in Los Banos the area of some Elders. It is the University of the Philippines and a really famous college here. Then we got to Walter Mart or SM a lot. Walter Mart is like a mini mall supermarket and then SM stands for super mall. It is a big mall, haha. But it is just mainly to look because everything is so expensive! Then I wash my personal items and write letters so yeah that is pretty much it, the time flies. Oh and I do have a laundry shop to my laundry because I am really slow at it and it would take forever. It takes forever for me to do my personal items alone. I wouldn’t have any study time. It isn’t a member though it is just a shop. So yeah that is pretty much it.
I love you all I know that this truly is the true church and I love it!!!! I think of you often. I have one Hilary Weeks CD and it has some songs that remind me of you all. I love you!!!!
Love, Sister Andreasen

PS I realized that I don’t have my camera I left it in the apartment so I will send the pictures next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment